2009-12-31 / Front Page

Customer’s Gas Leak Leads To Wednesday Fire On River Road

Wednesday morning didn’t begin well for Spencer mechanic Pete Hodge, who was routinely driving the vehicle of a customer to see if he noticed anything significantly wrong. At approximately 8:00 a.m. on River Road, south of Spencer, Hodge’s assumption of a gas leak was confirmed when the front end of the vehicle caught fire. Fire personnel from the Owen Valley Volunteer Fire Department extinguished the blaze that ignited in the engine compartment of a 2005 Chevy Cobalt, owned by Alisha Taylor of Spencer. (Staff Photo by Michael Stanley)

Return to top

© 2009-2018 Spencer Evening World, Inc. | Privacy Policy
No commercial reproduction without written consent. 
Electronic reproduction of any kind forbidden without written consent.

Click here for digital edition
2009-12-31 digital edition


While "Sunshine Week" doesn't necessarily refer to the weather for us journalists, the sun has coincidentally come out in force this past week. How does the return of the sunshine strike you?