2013-11-07 / Front Page

Volunteers, Neighbor Respond To Mid-Morning Silo Fire Wednesday

This small grain silo was slightly damaged by a Wednesday morning fire originating from the bin’s dryer at a farm located at 801 Quincy Road. A neighbor reported the fire to Owen County Security Center Dispatch at approximately 9:30 a.m. and was able to disconnect electricity and a nearby propane tank, reducing the flames before firefighters from the Cataract and Cloverdale Township volunteer fire departments arrived on the scene.

Firemen attributed the fire to a dryer malfunction and the overall damage was limited to the dryer unit and a small charred section on the outside of the bin at the farm of Oran Jones. (Staff Photo)

Return to top

© 2009-2018 Spencer Evening World, Inc. | Privacy Policy
No commercial reproduction without written consent. 
Electronic reproduction of any kind forbidden without written consent.

Click here for digital edition
2013-11-07 digital edition


While "Sunshine Week" doesn't necessarily refer to the weather for us journalists, the sun has coincidentally come out in force this past week. How does the return of the sunshine strike you?