OV Lady Patriot Gymnasts Finish Second At Columbus North Meet
Coach Cathleen McPhee and her Owen Valley Lady Patriot gymnastics squad traveled to Columbus North on Wednesday evening to take on the Columbus North Lady Bulldogs and the Jeffersonville Lady Red Devils. The host team won the meet with a score of 111.45, followed by the Lady Patriots in second with a season-best team score of 101.575. Jeffersonville finished third with a total of 92.775.
Freshman Anna Watkin shone bright for Owen Valley, finishing third on uneven bars with a 9.1, third on beam with a 9.1, fourth on vault with a 9.3, and fifth on floor with a 9.15. Watkin finished with her top all-around score to date, a 36.65, which was good enough for third place. This was the first varsity meet this season where she surpassed the ‘9’ score barrier in each of the four apparatus. The 9.1 on bars and the 9.15 on beam were her highest scores on those apparatus this season.
Senior Caitlin Norman also had a good meet, finishing with 33.125 points in the all-around for seventh place. Norman scored an 8.325 on beam for sixth, a 7.35 on bars for eighth, an 8.875 on floor for sixth, and an 8.575 on vault for sixth.
Sophomore Graceson Arthur also competed in the all-around for OV, finishing eighth with a total score of 31.8. Arthur tied her highest score to date on vault with an 8.475, good enough for eighth place, and scored an 8.125 on beam for eighth, a 7.05 on bars for ninth, and an 8.15 on floor for ninth.
Senior Amanda Jacobs participated in two events for OV, finishing 14th on floor with a 6.1, and 14th on vault with an 7.1
The junior varsity Lady Patriots also competed Wednesday evening with Darby DeFord earning a 3.0 on bars and a 3.7 on beam; Santanna Roberts a 6.45 on floor exercise and a 4.25 on beam; and Eleanor Coffin a 565 on beam.
Owen Valley will travel to the Southmont invitational on Saturday, February 23, and will finish up their regular season competition at Bloomington South on Monday evening, February 25. A gracious host, the Lady Panthers have allowed Owen Valley to use Monday evening’s meet as their own Senior Night. OV fans are encouraged to make the trip to Bloomington South on Monday to cheer on your Lady Patriots and help senior Caitlin Norman and Amanda Jacobs celebrate. The meet is scheduled to get underway at 6:30.
* * * *
1. Columbus North - 111.450; 2. Owen Valley- 101.575; 3. Jeffersonville - 92.775
Individual Event Results
1. McDermott, CN, 9.45; 2. Heathcote, CN, 9.4; 3. May, CN, 9.325; 4. Anna Watkin, OV, 9.3; 6. Caitlin Norman, 8.575; 8. Graceson Arthur, OV, 8.475; 14. Amanda Jacobs, OV, 7.1
1. McDermott, CN, 9.55; 2. May, CN, 9.375; 3. Anna Watkin, OV, 9.1; 8. Caitlin Norman, OV, 77.35; 9. Graceson Arthur, OV, 7.05
1. Wieland, CN, 9.3; 2. May, CN, 9.15; 3. Anna Watkin, OV, 9.1; 6. Caitlin Norman, OV, 8.325; 8. Graceson Arthur, OV, 8.125
1. Wieland, CN, 9.575; 2. McDermott, CN, 9.25; 3. May, CN, 9.225; 5. Anna Watkin, OV, 9.15; 6. Caitlin Norman, OV, 8.875; 9. Graceson Arthur, OV, 8.15; 14. Amanda Jacobs, OV, 6.1
* * * *
1. Curtin, CN, 8; 2. Homer, CN, 7.8; 3. Smiar, CN, 7.4
1. Homer, CN, 6.4; 2. Curtin, CN, 6.3; 3. Deckard, CN, 5.0; 5. Darby DeFord, OV, 3.0
1. Homer, CN, 6.2; 2. Chambers, CCN, 5.7; 3. Eleanor Coffin, OV, 5.65; 6. Santanna Roberts, OV, 4.25; 7. Darby DeFord, OV, 3.7
1. Curtin, CN, 7.6; 2. Smiar, CN, 6.9; 3. Homer, CN, 6.8; 5. Santanna Roberts, OV, 6.45
No commercial reproduction without written consent.
Electronic reproduction of any kind forbidden without written consent.